You guys know that meditation is a part of my routine. To be in a perpetual beta state, you are constantly improving and growing, and to do that you need a clear mind. That is where meditation comes in to play for me.
To get us through the middle of the week lulls I thought I would share a simple chakra enhancing meditation that I have created. I would love for you guys to try it and let me know how it works for you!
- Find a quiet place in your home where you will not be interrupted by room mates, family, partners, or pets.
- Sit down on a comfortable rug or mat on the floor in a cross-legged position. I this is uncomfortable, you can try lying down.
- Close your eyes and start to let go of your day by just watching and listening to your breathe.
- Begin to visualize your Muladhara/Root chakra as a red, glowing sphere.
- Begin a Kapalabhati Pranayama (Breath of Fire or Skull-Shining Breath) practice while visualizing this sphere. To do this inhale and begin exhaling by quickly pulling in the lower abs to force air out in short spurts. Some practitioners can do about 25 short exhalation pumps, but start where you are comfortable. Repeat this 3 more xs.
- Next move up in your mind’s eye and visualize the orange sphere of the Svadhishthana/Sacral chakra. Repeat Kapalabhati breath for 4 rounds.
- Continue same process through all chakras until you reach Sahasrara/Crown chakra.
- Once you finish via Sahasrara chakra, slow down your active control of the breath. Bring the hands over your head so your fingertips touch and your arms are creating a circle to represent the sphere of existence.
- Try 3-4 slow easy breathes, release your arms, gently open your eyes, and begin the rest of your day!
I can’t wait to hear how this works for some of you! If you would like to learn more about meditation in general check out one of my favorites, Tara Brach.
If you need a reminder on the chakras, please see below: